How do I start a spiritual, non-religious journey?
How do I start a spiritual, non-religious journey? I answered this question on Quora and it made me look back to when I started my own spiritual journey.
First off, let me say that I think there really isn’t a spiritual, non-religious journey.
Religion and Spirituality
i think a truly spiritual journey only starts when a person really starts living the truths taught by his or her religion.
I believe you cannot really separate spiritually from religion. Religion gives one the tools, the method.. The teachings and truths we learn from our religion when applied in our lives and start influencing how we think, live and act in the world becomes our spirituality.
I’m a Catholic and I believe and live the Catholic teachings.
How I live the catholic teachings and how I let it influence the way I treat myself and others now become my spirituality.
When you immerse yourself in the teachings of your religion, and you start applying it in your life, letting your decisions and actions be guided and influenced by those truths, then even without you broadcasting your religion, people will see you as a spiritual person.
When I really started to follow Jesus, making Him part of my daily conversations, turning to Him in my decisions and plans and offering to Him my actions, people started noticing.. And then they began asking.
It became easier for me to share the truths I believe in without appearing to be a religious fanatic.
My own spiritual journey
So do you want to start on a spiritual journey?
just start learning the truths of your religion. Here’s how I started mine as I wrote on Quora:
– I prayed and accepted Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior. I began speaking to Him everyday as my friend and confidant.
– I find Him speaking back to me as I read my Bible everyday with scripture verses just jumping at me like they were words written for me and my situation.
– I started attending and getting actively involved in a charismatic Catholic community where I receive biblical teachings that I found were practical and very applicable in my life
– I read books and listened to audio teachings on how to grow in faith and spirituality
– I went to mass everyday, receiving Jesus in the Eucharist and spent time adoring Him in the Blessed Sacrament.
As I was doing all these, I found God, though I don’t see Him, becoming a Living, Loving Presence in my everyday life and with Him, found meaning and purpose in my life and I’m able to face whatever everyday brings with confidence and hope, knowing God is with me and will never leave me.
Thats my spirituality. I’m a Catholic and I’m living in Christ, Who gives HealthWealthVictory.
So do you want to start a spiritual journey?
Find your truth and live it.
Then without you knowing it, you’ve started a spiritual journey, the greatest adventure of your life.
How do you start a spiritual, non-religious journey?
- Find your TRUTH. Study it, learn it. Grow in it.
- Live your TRUTH. Apply it. Be influenced by it. Live it.
Dear Lord, You are my Truth. Help me live in You, with You, and for You. Walk with me on this journey until I meet You face to face. Amen.
Remember, live in Christ. He gives Health, Wealth and Victory.
This is it for now. ‘Til next time.
To our HealthWealthVictory, GODSPEED!
Ps. So how did you start your spiritual journey? Leave a reply. I’d love to hear from you.
if you found this helpful, share this, will ya? Click on any buttons you like below and share away.